Today's kids are getting attached to technological world. Three-year-old kids are playing with iPads instead of Barbie doll. So, Today its about the best tricycles for toddlers in 2020.
The earlier you start to instill a love for the outdoors, and athleticism, the healthier your child will be.
There are a lot of various factors for parents to consider when buying a tricycle for their child like What is the best tricycle? Are tricycles affordable? What features I should look out when buying the best tricycle for my child.
Over the years, tricycle manufacturers have improved the design of the tricycle. Tricycles are improved and are built with accessories such as lights, decals which are designed to make them look super cool and improve their performance.
Best Tricycles for Toddlers 2020
We have made an super awesome list of the Best Tricycles for Toddlers of 2020 to make your choice right & best.
||Radio Flyer||from $61.53||Buy on Amazon|
||Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer & Stroll Trike||from $49.99||Buy on Amazon|
||Schwinn Roadster Tricycle for Toddlers and Kids||from $68.60||Buy on Amazon|
||Radio Flyer Deluxe Big Flyer||$69.50||Buy on Amazon|
||Radio Flyer Classic 10" Tricycle||from $59.99||Buy on Amazon|
||Fisher-Price Nickelodeon PAW Patrol Lights & Sounds Trike||$52.68||Buy on Amazon|
||smarTrike Zoom Toddler Tricycle for 1,2,3 Year Olds - 4 in 1 Multi-Stage Trike||from $69.99||Buy on Amazon|
||Costzon Baby Tricycle, 6-in-1 Foldable Steer Stroller, Learning Bike w/Detachable Guardrail,...||from $109.99||Buy on Amazon|
||Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Stroll 'N Trike||from $78.99||Buy on Amazon|
||Radio Flyer Classic Red Dual Deck||from $58.58||Buy on Amazon|
The first one on our super awesome list of best tricycles for toddlers is amazing model by Radio Flyer. This is perfect choice for the beginner trike riders or kids who are confident and enables two modes of riding.
It is an amazing tricycle for 2 year old, 3 year old, 4 year old and 5 year olds toddlers.
- Ages: 2-5 Years; Weight Capacity: 42.5 lbs
- Remove able steering handle if parents want to steer, and self-steer mode
- Durable steel spoked wheels with real rubber tires for a smooth ride
- Controlled turning radius for stability
- Can be Adjusted when child grows
Joovy Tricycoo Tricycle is one of the best push tricycle for children as young as 24 months. Now you might be thinking “Is it safe for an 24-month-old baby to get on a tricycle?’ Well, with this tricycle it is quite safe!
It provides a fold down footrest that offers stability and support as well as a removable baby surround arms that enclose the young child and prevents them for from out of the trike.
- Your child learns to balance and focus.
- It doubles up as a stroller for walks or grocery trips
- The wheels roll quietly on almost everykind of floors.
- The handle’s height is adjustable from 32.5″ to 38.”
- The pedal lock can be unlocked or locked to allow your child to freewheel or pedal by themselves
- It has a bell on the handlebar and a large rear basket for carrying drinks, toys and ‘treasures’ your baby collects ion the way.
- It has a special folding system that makes it easy to store and carry around.
Radio Flyer put a lot of time and effort in making these amazing tricycles. This model transforms into four baby vehicles- an infant trike, a steering trike, a learn-to-ride trike and the classic trike.
The trike is best fit for any child between 9 months and 5 years perfectly and has a weight capacity of 49 pounds.
Schwinn Roadster Tricycle Review
This pink and black tricycle looks like it was designed for girls. ‘Classy’ is the best word that best describes the color.
The wooden deck is thin but sturdy. The Swichnn Roadster Tricycle 12-inch was designed for children between 2 to 4 years. The tricycle has soft grip chrome handlebars with long tassels and a ringing bell.
- This tricycle has such a quality, heavy-duty build especially with its full steel frame that it should last a couple of years.
- Shock absorbing tires which are very useful in providing a fun and smooth ride.
- It is also one of the few models with mud guards for each wheel.
- The sculpted seat is easily adjustable with a knob and screw under the seat.
- Assembly is super easy with just four steps.
- Many parents love the idea of having many different colors to choose from.
- Stability is assured because of a low center of gravity which also makes climbing on and off easy and safe.
While this tricycle is on the expensive side, many reviewers wrote that it was a “great bike for special needs.” One parent writes, “This bike is amazing for my 14-year-old who has special needs. He weighs 170 pounds and is 5’6’’ and he rides the bike comfortably. He’s on it about 1.5 hours a day, so it is great exercise for the big guy!” Another parent adds, “I have a 6-year-old little girl with Cerebral Palsy. She has desperately wanted a bike, but adaptive bikes are EXPENSIVE not to mention big and bulky.
Best Tricycle for Toddlers – Buyers guide
Nowadays kids stay indoor as opposed to playing outside. Providing your child with the best tricycle possible is a good way to encourage them to play outside.
Tricycle doesn’t require a lot of space, so a lack of a yard or a park should not hinder you from buying the best tricycle for kids. Well, Riding a tricycle improves the physical and mental growth of the kid. They will develop gross motor skills and coordination of limbs. the best tricycle for kids
What To Look For Before Buying A Top Rated Tricycle For Toddlers?
These are few factors which you must know while buying a top rated tricycle for toddlers:
Is Your Child Ready To Ride A Tricycle?
What makes your child ready to ride cycles? As a parent you know your child better than anyone else so, Here are few points:
- Ability: Children need strength to pedal and make the cycle move. Coordinating the handle while pedaling will require some basic skills from the child. Some trike models allows a parent to help to ride the cycle.
- Height: The height of the child plays a major role in deciding whether they are ready to begin cycling. The child must be able to reach the pedals comfortably while sitting on the cycle.
- Balance: Here the balance is to know if you child can reach to pedals and can balance the handle.
- Safety: Young children do not understand the concept of safety. Opt for a tricycle that has a low center of gravity. It’s the parents’ responsibility to make kids wear safety gear and decide when they are ready to cycle.
- Patience: To learn a new skill requires patience and focus; young children have a limited attention span and this may interfere with their learning to cycle. At this age kids get very frustrated when they can’t get the new skill.
Which Material Is Best For A Tricycle?
Tricycles are usually made of steel, wood or plastic.
Plastic: These tricycles are more economical and lighter than the other two. Plastic tricycle can be recycled and replaced easily if broken. However the color tends to fade when they are overexposed to sun.
Steel: Steel tricycles are usually durable, sturdy and can last the tricycle riding duration of your toddler. On the flipside, they tend to rust when left out in the open for long periods of time. Additionally they are more expensive than the other two types of tricycles.
Wood: Wooden trikes are the best used indoor on smooth surfaces. They do not have a chain and are easy to maneuver and safe for beginners.
Do not ever get a tricycle for below 9 month's child. Buy according to child's Height & Weight which must be adjustable.
All the reviewed tricycles are best toddler tricycles at present. Choose a model that best suits your childs needs and is also in your budget.
Riding one of the best tricycles for toddlers will boost the child’s self esteem and confidence and will prepare them for bigger challenges in later life.
Also Read: Best Bounce Houses
Best Tricycles for Toddlers Review 2020
Physical & Mental Growth
Less Space Required
Three-year-old kids are playing with iPads instead of a Barbie doll. So, Today it’s about the best tricycles for toddlers in 2020 and take care of your child.
- Tricycles improve Physical & Mental Growth
- They require less space
- It helps to develop more skills.
- Few child’s legs might not reach pedals